Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Just a Tuesday night

I just thought I would jot down a few of my thoughts.  Today was a long day at work.  One of those it-feels-like-its-Friday-but-its-only-Tuesday days.

The "no spend lenten challenge" has continued to be a challenge, but I have found empowerment through my self discipline so far.  It is in the little things like not buying that hot chocolate on my way home from the grocery store.  Or, tomorrow I am driving to Watertown for work and there is a fabulous outlet mall on my way.  I love to stop there and browse the stores... banana republic, loft, nike, ect... but tomorrow I will not stop!  Would I like a new workout outfit?  Absolutely.  Do I need a new outfit?  No.  I found myself even being more disciplined in the grocery store tonight.  I tried to stick to my grocery list.  Although, I did buy a few things off my list (cough) roasted red pepper hummus and pita chips!  Both are not organic and are processed and the chips even have white flour! Oh my.

AND I have to admit to eating my weight entirely way too much chocolate/dessert lately!  I have totally fallen off that bandwagon.  Man, Valentines day has really done a number on my sugar intake.  I will get that in check starting tomorrow! :)

But, overall my diet has been pretty good.  I still believe in the 80-20 rule.  80% all good for you and 20% whatever you want!

What I ate today:

Breakfast:  1 slice sprouted grain bread- 1 or 2 tbl avocado- 1 egg fried in coconut oil
Snack:  Handful of raw almonds with a few M&M's (dangit candy!)
Lunch:  Tuna made with avocado, cucumbers, green apple and a few crackers
Dinner:  Baked Chicken, Baked Sweet Potato, Spinach salad (cucumbers, green apple, carrots, no dressing)
Dessert:  A chocolate or two :)

I have been taking my new prenatal vitamin, Fertilaid for about a week.  It has dramatically increased my progesterone (at least I think so).  I am excited to see what next cycle brings.  I will definitely use an ovulation kit next cycle as I completely missed ovulation this time (did not have any EWCM what-so-ever).  Overall, feel pretty good.  A few headaches the last few days but I'm attributing that to the mega sugar overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment