Saturday, February 9, 2013

Acupuncture Round 3

Yesterday was my third visit with my acupuncturist.  I'm just going to throw this out there... I was disappointed.  I had really high hopes going into the appointment because I had my test results back and was excited to hear her interpretation and intervention.

At the appointment she did her normal collection of data and placed the needles and electrical current, but did not go over any herbs or recommend anything.  I have to admit that I felt a little lost and without direction.

After talking with the nurse at my OBGYN last week, I was surprised at how fast they were willing to prescribe medications.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to get pregnant... like yesterday!  But, I realize that my body has (and has had for a long time, maybe forever?) issues with hormones and fertility.  I am hesitant to pump more medications/hormones into a body that is not working properly all together.

After much thought, and discussion with Jeret we have decided to take a little break from interventions. This may be only 2 weeks or however long we see fit and feels comfortable.  I'd like to try to continue to heal by body with the right foods (eliminating caffine/alcohol, limiting sugar/dairy/white flour) and exercise regularly for stress reduction.  I am going to try a supplement that is OTC and recommended by many people for balancing hormones and see where this takes us.  I am also going to continue the seed rotation diet.  In a few months, if nothing has changed with my BBT charting, CM, ect then I will probably have more tests done at the doctors office.  Just to check to make sure that there is nothing blocking my tubes.

So, that is where I stand.  I picked up a few books at the library for some weekend reading:  "The Infertility Cure" and "Making Babies".  They both talk about the right balance of homeopathic and western medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment