Saturday, February 9, 2013

Beauty supplies

As I try to aim for a more healthy and simpler life,  I am trying to be conscious about the type of chemicals that I am putting on my body.   Through the many years of anatomy class in high school and college I know that  skin is our biggest organ and is very absorbent!  Plus, I'd just like to wear less make up.  I am not sure if I could go completely makeup-less but minimal would be ideal.

In order for me to feel completely comfortable going commando in the make up department, I wanted to clear up a few things with my complexion.

First, I have to add that my acne in general has been so much better!  Since I have limited sugar, dairy and white flour my actual pimples are non existent.  I used to get really bad breakouts around my mouth and chin during menstruation.  I have not noticed any pimples in the past month or so.

The area that has always been of huge concern is the pores on my nose.  I remember even as early as 5th grade noticing that I had more pores on my  nose than anyone of my other friends.  They tend to be cleaner and smaller in the summer, but even then they have still been noticeable.  My dad has the exact same pores but his skin is naturally dark olive toned which makes the pores not as noticeable.

Here's my plan of attack--

Gentle exfoliation.  I am going to try for the time being a slurry of baking soda and water applied with a very soft toothbrush.

Poor cleansing with strips. I have to add that I tried this for the first time yesterday and was not overly pleased.  Yes, there was dirt from the pores on the strip but still a lot remained in my skin

Pore Refining toner.

Basic Neturogenia face wash (the orange stuff) applied with a Clarisonic!  I am super excited to try this.    It was hard making the initial investment... over 100 whopping bones! But I am a huge advocate of the electric toothbrush, so if it can do the same with my face I'll give it a try.
SOURCE



Oil Free Neturogenia lotion

I am figuring this will take 2 - 4 weeks to see any results.  Will keep you (you as in my make believe readers) posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment