Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lenten Challenge

Every year for the past 8 years (at least) I have given up sweets for lent.  I am not catholic, but my mom is and she always encouraged me to give something up.  I find that it is good for the soul to give up something that is difficult.  I never did it for the weight loss, I always just wanted to challenge myself.  And it is a good thing I didn't do it for the weight loss, because I have never lost any weight!  I always just ate a few more chips or crackers instead! 

This year, I wanted to try something new.  Don't get me wrong, sweets are always difficult to say no to but I wanted a new challenge. I've decided to go for a financial challenge.

6 weeks
Cash Budget only
No unnecessary spending (including but not limited to... clothing, shoes, make up, house ware, target impulses, ect)
NO EXCEPTIONS!

I'll keep you posted.  So far it hasn't been too challenging but we will see what the weekend brings.  That is when I have time to do all of my shopping!

45 DAYS TO GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment