Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Doctor Appointment

Today was my "Western Medicine" doctor appointment.  I was so excited that I hit it off great with the OBGYN.  All I did was look up the physicians that were under my insurance online and called to see whoever had the first available appointment.  She was wonderful.  Very attentive to my concerns and wishes.

Best part about the appointment was that my acupuncturist had warned me not to mention the acupuncture at the appointment when I requested to have some tests done.  She said that some Western doctors may not agree with the treatment, ect.  Turns out I did not even need to mention acupuncture or the tests.  1st my doctor explained that she wanted to do the tests ASAP because of my past history AND 2nd she even mentioned that some of her past patient's have had great luck with acupuncture!  Score!

Today's appointment consisted of: Flu Shot, basic check up, and blood work.  I remember she mentioned:  Testosterone, Prolactin, Thyroid and maybe a few others.  The blood work will be sent to Minnesota (Mayo Clinic) and then I will have a conference to go over the results.

She mentioned starting Clomid as needed.  This gives me mixed emotions.  I hate to pump my body with more medications/hormones when everything is already out of balance.  She did mention that women on Clomid are more often to conceive twins!  Now that is a fun idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment