Saturday, January 26, 2013

Acupuncture/Tests/Seed Rotation Diet

Today was my first acupuncture visit.  It was a learning experience.  It was really nice to see the provider concerned with my overall health.  Many times when I told other healthcare providers about my "irregularity" they just said it is normal for me.  I never thought that maybe there was some sort of hormonal imbalance causing the irregularity.
She encouraged a lot of the same things that I have read about.  Low sugar, dairy and grains in diet.  No caffeine.  No alcohol.  Exercise regularly.  She added a basal cell temperature each morning and a new prenatal vitamin.  This prenatal is serious stuff! Three capsules twice a day!  Took my first dose this morning with breakfast and surprisingly did not feel nauseous.  She said the biggest difference between the OTC prenatal that I was taking and these pills is that this has a natural source of folic acid whereas the OTC has a synthetic.  Which has been linked to cancer.

She also encouraged that I see an OBGYN for some hormonal tests.  The tests include:  LH: FSH ratio- Luteinizing Hormone and Folicle Stimulating Hormone.  Testosterone.  Estradiol (to make sure my ovaries are working correctly). PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) testing including prolactin.  I have an appointment next week for a check up and hopefully the MD will order these tests.

Lastly, she recommended a seed rotation diet.  The seeds selected contain essential fatty acids that promote a healthy balance of estrogen and progesterone and help to regulate your menstrual cycle.  They help to normalize irregular menstrual cycles and support adrenal and thyroid health.

Day 1-14: one tablespoon of 50/50 ground flax seed/pumpkin seeds
Day 15-28:  one tablespoon of 50/50 mix ground sesame/sunflower seeds

SOURCE
Looking forward to the outcome!  

No comments:

Post a Comment