Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Whole Foods.

Also known as... whole paycheck.

Not really, but it sure is a lot more expensive than Aldi's!  I am tying to accept the perspective that money spent on "garbage" food is not really saving money.  Although Aldi's has a lot of great healthy foods and produce, I am not convinced that it is worth it to eat inorganic.  Thoughts?

So, with one of my new goals for 2013... "Eat clean.  More fruits and vegetables."  I need to revolutionize my grocery shopping and meal planning.  Here is a photo of todays goodies:


6 Organice Green Apples
1 cucumber
Blueberries
2 packages of Fingerling Potatoes
6 Sweet Potatoes
1 container of guacamole 
1 jar of almond butter
1 package of coconut flour- (I have no clue what I am going to make with this but I have come accross a lot of recipes online)
Bag of raw macadamia nuts
Bag of raw almonds
Bag of raw cashews
1 gallon organic 2% milk - for my handsome husband
1 small package of sour cream - for my hunk-a-lovin
1 package of oyster crackers - for my main squeeze

I still have some groceries left over from last weeks trip to Copps (aka Rundys):  Spring Mix Lettuce, Spinach, eggs, carrots ect.  And we keep a lot of frozen meat on hand.  Hopefully I can make some yummy clean meals this week made with whole foods.  Bon appetite!  

No comments:

Post a Comment