Sunday, January 13, 2013

The weekend.

Friday:  Headed out early to a nursing home in Edgerton, Wi.  It turns out the home was under construction and many residents were battling the flu (boo).  I saw only a handful of patients and was home by noon. 
 I had a quick lunch then headed out for a run.  I was thankful that the weather was back into the high 30's.  It seems as though I am fighting a little knee injury.  I have never had any pain (other than out of shape-too-many-donuts pain) while exercising.  Needless to say, I am little worried.  I did some googling and I have self diagnosed myself with "Runner's Knee".  The prognosis is not very promising but I am blaming it on my shoes and the ice I have been having to hurdle over.  I took today off and will try a run again on Wednesday.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is just minor and a few days of rest will fix it!
I was also able to create a quick meal plan for the week and head out for groceries. 
I had a few hours before Jeret came home for work so I whipped up a quick batch of chocolate chip cookies.  So good.  I ended up baking only a few and then froze the rest of the dough.  I am hoping this will help my self discipline.  Although, now I can't keep the idea out of my head that there is frozen chocolate chip cookie dough in the basement freezer!  At least this way I have to do a set of stairs to help work off a bite of dough. ;)  We had Orange Chicken for dinner with steamed veggies and brown rice.  I am really trying to be conscious about the amount of white flour processed foods that we are eating.  Dang it cookies!  
Milo and I retired to bed early, as always.  I either catch up on my blogs (that I read) or read my book.  Milo falls asleep next to me.  Normally he is at the foot of the bed, but Friday he thought a pillow would suit him. 

Saturday was wonderful.  I really do cherish the time I have with my family.  I am so lucky to be able to relax on Saturday and Sundays and be with my husband.  It really means a lot to me.  I was up early with Milo and Jeret was able to catch a few more zzz's.  He is the night owl.  
Jeret made a delicious breakfast which is his specialty before we went for a run together!  What a treat to have a running partner.  I did have to walk a few times due to the knee (which surprised me because that is not like me).  
I was able to sneak away for a few hours to do a little speed shopping.  One of our neighbors invited us over for his 40th Birthday that night.  I just picked up a 6 pack of beer and bottle opener that was shaped like a wrench.  I thought I would like that if I was a guy! I even made a quick peak into Ann Taylor Loft.  Turns out I found some awesome cobalt blue skinny jeans and a great grey turtle neck to wear to the party.  They were on sale and then 50% off the sale so I justified the purchase.  (I am definitely the spender in this relationship but I try to be conscious and only make responsible purchases.  Blue skinny jeans = responsible in my book!)
My father in law Russ stopped over to spoil milo pick up a desk and stayed for a quick game of Rummy.  For which I won! Wa hoo! 


The party was at a bar just down the street.  We had a great time!  We watched the Packers lose, which was unfortunate.  The boys all put on some fake mustaches.  Jeret cracked-me-up!  He looked like a legit fire fighter with a mustache!  We really couldn't ask for better neighbors.  They are the only community I have (besides family) here in Middleton.  I am hoping to meet some new people this year.



This morning (Sunday) we relaxed and Jeret watched his most recent Netflix movie.  I made it to the gym to ride the bike.  I was thankful for a little exercise and it didn't bother me knee at all.  We watched football sporadically and I made three dishes of lasagna.  I added as much vegetables as I could find in the freezer:  broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers and spinach!  Jeret was not enthused.  I am really trying to eat more vegetables.  I did use an organic olive oil pasta sauce with no added sugar and used whole wheat noodles.  There were still a few cheats:  cheese (ricotta and mozzarella, wheat and two cookies for dessert! :) 


I am so thankful for such a wonderful weekend.  I am all rested and ready for the week! I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment