Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Keeping up with the jones and a gratitude journal

I find myself constantly comparing.  I am comparing my job, my appearance, my home, my income, and the list goes on and on.  Why do I waste my time on such useless thoughts?  I know that I am so lucky to have such a full and blessed life.  My husband is wonderful.  That is probably the one department in my life that I do not compare because he is as good as it gets.  This I already know.

Today, I felt a twinge of jealousy when I found out that two of my acquaintences were expecting babies.  We have been trying for a whole TWO WEEKS and I am already wishing that I could be the one boasting a pregnancy.  I can understand having a little jealousy if we had been trying for a while, but I haven't even given it a chance.  Have some patience, maria!  I think this stems from the fact that I think we might have a hard time conceiving.  I have never been "regular" (sorry for the TMI) and birth control has always been a little hard on my system.  I am hoping and praying that I am wrong and the road ahead will be a smooth one.

So, I thought today would be a good day to start a "gratitude journal".  I know that my perspective on life and trying for a baby will be a lot healthier if I focus on the good in my life.

Entry #1:  I am thankful for my health.  I am grateful for my two legs that allow me to jog a few times a week.  I am thankful for the opportunity to shop healthy for myself and my family.  I am thankful that I have a warm home and wonderful kitchen to cook in.

I am feeling better already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment