Friday, January 11, 2013

Worrier

I am a worrier.  I worry about my worries.  It is the way I have always been.  I worry about myself, my troubles, my issues.   I worry about my family and friend's issues.  I even worry about strangers!  It is what I do.

I realize it is not healthy to worry all the time.  It makes me feel restless and anxious.

I try to let things go.  To understand that some things are not in my control, and therefor the worrying is useless and exhausting.

Some of my worries today:
 -  my fertility.  Do I have PCOS?  Will I have issues conceiving?  Did I make the wrong choice by starting to take oral birth control?  Did I choose the wrong pill?
- work hazards.  Is the chemical sterilization at work causing harm to myself?  Will it impact my ability to get pregnant?  Will it impact my baby prenatally?
- my little sister.  How is she feeling today?  Is today a good day for her?  Are the people present in her life making her smile?
- finances.  Are we house poor?  Probably so.  Do we love our house?  Absolutely.  I worry if one of us may loose our job.  How will having a child impact our finances?
- my marriage.  Am I good wife?  More importantly, is my husband happy?  Does he find happiness in his job?

With all that being said, I want to try to find the good in these topics.  I want to focus on what we have and not what could be.

- my fertility.  I have barely given it a shot.  We are only 3 measly weeks in.  Lots of time.  And thankfully we are young, healthy and have a bright future.
- work hazards.  I'm on this one.  I have contacted the EPA and am going to find all of the information that I can find on the risks of the chemicals we use.
- theresa girl.  She is beautiful and doing SO much better.  I will continue to pray for her and do my best to empower her to grow more confident.
- finances.  We are so lucky to have been able to pay off all of our debt (besides the mortgage).  My student loan will be paid off in 4 months! Wa hoo!  Even after dedicating a lot to pay off any debt, we have been able to save money for our wedding, a down payment on our house, and into a savings.  We also are able to allocate money to our Roth IRA and 457.  If life throws a curve ball, we can always downsize.
- my marriage.  Jeret if your reading this... let me know if I need to step it up! ;)

(Source)

(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment