Friday, April 26, 2013

A Love Letter

Sorry mom and any other pretend readers out there, but this might get a little mushy.


Dear Jeret,
How did I get so lucky to have you walk into my life?  I think back to middle school and remember you as a quiet kid in band class with me that all of my friends had crushes on... obviously I was not smart enough to see it yet. 
There sitting on the other side of the band room, exactly across from the percussion was a very sweet, hardworking and devoted boy.  A boy that has always been devoted and loyal to his family, to his passions, and to his morals and ethics.  I just didn't know that yet.
Freshman year the stars aligned and the band room was set up with percussion right behind the trombones.  This brought on a great opportunity for me to get to know the cute strawberry blond with wild wavy hair.
Long story short, Jeret had a girlfriend and then didn't have a girl friend and then he asked me to be his girlfriend. The end.  
Okay, not really.  Here comes the really mushy part.
  Looking back, over TEN years later (holy cow!) I am still struck by how good of a man Jeret was and still is.  Looking back through our entire relationship his love and support for me has remained constant.  He has always been my biggest fan in anything I have decided to do.  This life is full of so many ups, downs, stresses and blessings, and I find it so important and lucky to have a partner in life that brings out the best in you and encourages you along the way.  I think back to our early relationship when we were just kids... kids... and he was this strong staple in my life,  an amazing listener, and someone that always made me feel good to be myself.  What a wonderful gift to have when you are going through that difficult time of being a teenager and young adult. 
My hope is that when he looks back on our life together and as he looks at our future that he sees the same wonderful relationship that I see. 
We have that special something.
How did I ever get so lucky?
Love you, Jeret

And now I'm crying because I'm emotional and pregnant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment