Friday, April 19, 2013

2nd Appointment

The day has finally come for my 2nd appointment!  Wa hoo!

I was so anxious for my appointment.  I think anxious is the best way to describe it because I was SO excited yet SO nervous!  Jeret was scheduled to work, so I had to go solo.

First thing first, I had to pee in a cup.  Easy peezy considering my bathroom trips have quadrupled in the past few weeks.

Second, they had me jump on the scale.  Which hasn't been too scary yet because I actually lost 2lbs since my first visit.  Which is crazy to me because I feel like I look like I ate a little too much Chipotle!  Definitely no baby bump yet, but my pants are feeling a little tighter.

I have to admit I was slightly bummed out that they didn't do an ultrasound.  I wanted to see my little peanut!  But they did listen to the heartbeat and said it was PERFECT!  And that is enough to keep me happy.

The doctor came in and listed to the heartbeat and agreed completely with the nurse that the heartbeat was right on tract.  We talked about scheduling my 20 week targeted ultrasound and an echo for the baby at that appointment.  Because my baby sister was born with congenital heart defects they thought it would be a good precaution, and I am ok with that!  We talked about my upcoming trip to Tennessee and if I had any other questions.  Which of course I couldn't think of any.

Then right before the doctor left the room she asked, "Have you talked to your employer about your maternity leave yet?"  I immediately said, "No, I haven't really told anyone yet!!"  She said, "Oh don't worry.  Once you hear a heartbeat like that your miscarriage rate is very very small."  And that was all I needed.  I feel so much at rest.  Of course it is still possible, but I feel like I can now start to enjoy this pregnancy.  Like my mom said, "Why worry until you have something to worry about?"  Right on, mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment