Sunday, April 21, 2013

12 Weeks

12 Weeks!

If this photo looks like I have a little extra around the mid section... its true!  And it is not a cute baby belly... it is more of an inner-tube or spare tire around my hips.  Yup, it looks like I've gained some weight in the love handles department.  Not exactly what I expected.  I even jumped on the scale this morning because my paints felt tight, and the crazy part is I'm still down 2 pounds from my 8 week appointment although you wouldn't know it by looking at me.  But I don't mind, people are just going to think I ate too much Easter candy or something.  :)  Thank goodness I wear scrubs to work every day!
Due Date:  Still November 3rd, 2013 (as far as I know)

Boy or Girl:  I kind of think it is a girl.  But maybe that is just because I have three sisters and I know and am comfortable with girl stuff!  

Currently Avoiding: All of the pregnancy "no-no's" of course.  I also tend to eat the most at breakfast and lunch, and by the time dinner rolls around I'm so tired that food just isn't appealing so I eat a small dinner.  Most salads are still out of the picture but I am eating more cooked veggies and raw carrots are ok now.

Weight:  Down 2 lbs

Belly Button Status:  In for sure

Sleep:  So very tired still.  I try to take a nap if I can on the weekend, but during the week it is impossible due to my work schedule.  In bed by 7pm and up at 6am every single night!

Recent vivid dreams:  I have been dreaming like crazy but I can't remember any of them.  I need to keep a journal next to my bed.

Evidence of Pregnancy Brain:  Definitely! Oh my goodness, thoughts and reminders leave my mind so quickly- like within minutes.

Symptoms:  Very tired.  I have really noticed the emotions lately, too.  I could cry so easily!  Acne on my face for sure.  I think it is worse than when I was a teenager.  Slight moodiness (sorry Jeret).  Nausea still present, but definitely less intense.

Health:  So far so good!  I so wish that I could have an ultrasound at every visit!  Our baby was such a little peanut when we saw it at 7 1/2 weeks.  Trying to figure out how to get my OBGYN to do an ultrasound at the next visit... but for now just hoping and praying that it is growing on schedule.

Movement:  Nothing so far

Baby Related Purchases:  none from me- I am too paranoid that I will jinx myself!  But my mom did buy our baby the cutest little pair of rabbit slippers :)

Best Part of this Pregnancy:  Just knowing there is a little baby growing inside of me that I am already so excited to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment