Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lately

Milo went to the beauty parlor!  He is such a stud.  He has really been a good boy lately.  I am so proud of him for listening to the rules and being much more polite with others.  He still gets a little too excited and slams his 70lb body into others but at least now he is not jumping... were making headway!

We had such a nice time hanging out with these two last weekend (Hi Rachel!).  I was finally able to meet Rachel's awesome boyfriend, Andy.  Such a great guy!  

The way Jeret sleeps makes me laugh! How can that be comfortable with your arms crossed like that?  I can't wait to have a sweet baby boy that looks just like him.  

Nursery colors!  I stopped by the local benjamin moore yesterday morning.  I knew I wanted to do more neutral subdued colors verse bright colors but I wasn't exactly sure which route I wanted to go.  

I ended up going with the colors in this photo.  I am going to paint the top half of the room this creamy yellow beigh: Muslin.  And the bottom half (divided with a chair rail that will be painted the same color as the bottom half) a blue green gray: Boothbay Gray.  They are both Benjamin Moore colors but I had them color matched to Sherwin Williams Harmony Paint because it is 1. VOC Free which means it is safe for me and 2.  It was 30% off, and when a gallon is 50 bucks, I'll take a deal when I can get it it!  

I also framed this awesome piece of FF gear that I found when clearing out the office (to make way for the nursery).  It is the bottom half of Jeret's gear when he was volunteering in Machesney Park Il.  This crappy I phone picture doesn't do it justice.  It really is cool with the shiny black frame and the rugged, fire damaged cloth on the inside.  I am excited to hang it in our baby boy's room.  I hope he is as proud of his Dad as I am.  I want our son to look up to Jeret and aspire to be like him in many ways: hard working, loyal, and loving.  

We just got email that our Container store closet system has shipped!  I can not wait to get that baby installed!
I can't wait to share pics of our nursery progress as it is installed! Woot Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment