Saturday, June 29, 2013

IT'S A BOY! 21 and 22 Weeks


21 Weeks (actually 22 weeks because I'm a week late writing this): And...


Meet Baby Jenkins! I am already so in love.  That is the cutest face I have ever seen in my life. 

Giving his Dad a thumbs up

He had his feet crossed for most of the appointment, so sweet!

I think this photo speaks for itself.  Sorry if it is a little TMI.
After the ultrasound, all smiles :)
Due Date:  November 3rd, 2013 still.  I thought maybe they would push back the due date a few days, but it turns out the baby is measuring a little big already!  That a boy! 

Boy or Girl:  I was totally one hundred precent wrong!  It's a boy!

Currently Avoiding: Hmm... I have been able to eat a lot more chicken this week.  I especially like to make a chicken sandwich for lunch.  I have been able to eat a lot of fresh vegetables and fruits too.  I even crave them!  I did have one little bad craving yesterday and stopped by the Krispy Kreme shop for one glazed donut!  I surprised myself that I wanted one, but it hit the spot!

Weight: I haven't weighed myself this week, but I definitely look like I'm growing!

Belly Button Status:  In for sure

Sleep:  Sleeping amazingly well.  I sleep a solid 9 to 10 hours every night.  

Recent vivid dreams: Lots of dreams, but none of the little one yet.

Evidence of Pregnancy Brain: I can't remember...

Symptoms:  I have been trying to drink a lot more water and the cramping is pretty much gone.  Every once in a while it will start to cramp and I know I just need to sit down, relax and chug a bottle of water!  I do still notice the occasional nausea but it is so much more manageable and food generally helps it to subside.

Health:  Heartbeat was nice and strong at 144 beats per minute!  Such a beautiful sound.  It is so reassuring to hear the heartbeat.  Especially for a first time mom.  There are so many unknowns during pregnancy that you second guess yourself and wonder if everything is ok.  The heartbeat is a beautiful assurance.  Everything checked out wonderfully at our ultrasound.  It was the most wonderful experience.  It is amazing how much you can see on such a little person.  I was in pure joy for the hour of the ultrasound.  We did have a echo done as well just to make sure there were not any congenital heart defects.  The baby's heart checked out awesome too! 

Movement:  We found out that my instinct was correct: my placenta is anterior. This means that instead of it being behind the baby toward the interior of my stomach, it is in front of the baby between the baby and my skin.  This is totally fine and causes no harm to the baby, the only problem is that I don't feel kicks as strong as someone else with a different positioned placenta.  And it will be a lot longer until Jeret will feel the kicks.  That is kind of a bummer because I can't wait to share that with him.  Still lots of squirming.  It is still very sporadic but a wonderful feeling none the less.

Baby Related Purchases:  I have started to look into all kinds of things baby!  It is a totally overwhelming search.  There are so many different types/shapes/colors of everything!  My mom is coming to town next weekend and were hoping to work on a little registering.  

Best Part of this Pregnancy:  Getting to see our baby boy on the ultrasound! I can not wait to meet him!  Now, just to decide on a name!



No comments:

Post a Comment