Wednesday, March 27, 2013

8 Weeks: Best Baby Daddy of all Time

Technically speaking, I am 8 weeks and three days today! Woo hoo!

I am feeling so thankful, overjoyed, and blessed that this little peanut is still growing inside me.  I have come to appreciate all of these symptoms that remind me that there is a little baby growing within me.  It is very bizarre feeling so different than you normally do (pre pregnancy).  I want to document how I am feeling (not to complain) but to remember the milestones throughout this pregnancy.

Tired:  Hello sleepy head!  I have always been an early riser, which meant I am asleep before ten every single night.  But I have taken that to a whole new level.  The past two weeks I think there have been maybe three nights that I made it past 7:30!! It is crazy!  Also, on the days I work long hours at the private practice I am so tired after lunch.  Oh my goodness.  It takes all I can do to not crawl up in that dental chair and snooze the afternoon away.  That is another huge change from pre pregnancy.  I was not whatsoever a napper.  I would try to take naps, but it was like I could never turn my brain off.  Now, I the moment my eyes shut and mouth open - I am out for the count!

Food:  I really wanted to be pregnant without any food aversions or nausea. That has not been the case.   Take last night for example, I got home from work and should have been famished (as I normally am).  Jeret made a wonderful dinner and I could only eat a few bites!! This is not like me, at all.  Hungry or not, I always have an appetite!  Its like I'll take a few bites and chew the food at least one hundred times and then it takes everything I have within me to swallow!  So, it has been lots of very small meals.  Take yesterday for example:

6am- a slice of sprouted bread toast with peanut butter and jelly
8am- orange
11am- granola bar
1pm- sprouted bread with avocado, spinach, cucumber and salt and pepper.  Apple.  Chips and Lemonade
5pm- A few bites of soup and didn't really touch my sandwich
6:30pm- green apple with peanut butter
7:30pm- in bed!

A few other changes I have noticed:  Moodiness- I have been trying so desperately to keep this in check! Ahem.  Unmotivated- I have really not had any desire to cook, bake or grocery shop.  Those were my all time favorite tasks before!  Which leads me to how wonderfully helpful Jeret has been.  He has taken over with full stride and very little complaints.  He really does most of the laundry, cooking and errands.  I am so very blessed.  He doesn't complain that I want to sleep all of the time or get angry when I complain of the nausea.  Or worse... don't eat the dinner he worked so hard to prepare!  (Knowing myself, I would be mortified if he only took three bites of a meal I worked hard on making.)

It was SO GOOD to see my mom this past week.  The visit was short and sweet but nice nonetheless.

My mom bought me the shirt before she even knew!  It kinda looks like I am showing but so far I haven't gained any weight (thank god!) and clothes still fit fine.







No comments:

Post a Comment