Wednesday, March 20, 2013

7 Weeks: 1st Doctors Appt

The past week has been a learning experience.  As being a "first timer" in the pregnancy arena, I wasn't sure what to expect or how I would feel.

Exercise- major slacking.  If I could, I would choose sleep over eating,working and definitely exercising.

Healthful Eating- ughh... not much better here.  I was eating at least 5 servings of vegetables a day prior to the past few weeks.  Now, the sight of a salad makes me gag.  It is crazy!  Eating a lot of peanut butter toast and greek yogurt.  Strawberries have been amazing!

Nausea- hello nausea!  I have always been a pretty healthy person and only experienced the flu a few times since turning 10 years old.  I was quiet surprised by the waves of nausea that I have been experiencing.  If I am not eating something every 1.5 to 2 hours, I am sick.  I even wake up in the middle of the night most nights because I am so nauseated that I need to eat something.  It is very bizarre.  I have never had to eat so often and been so turned off by food all at the same time.  But, I am so excited about this little peanut growing inside me that I am not complaining!

Now, for the EXCITING NEWS!!

Our little baby has a heartbeat!  Woo hoo!  I have been so anxious (and still am) about having a healthy pregnancy.  It was so much fun to see our little baby (about the size of a blueberry) on the screen.  We didn't hear the heartbeat because it is so early, but we definitely saw the flicker!

Looking forward to our next appointment in 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment