Sunday, August 11, 2013

28 Weeks

28 Weeks!
Baby is the size of an eggplant.  Over two pounds and up to 16 inches long!  He can blink his eyes and is putting on fat in preparation for the outside world.  I do love a healthy fat baby!
Nursery Progress:  The dresser/changing table is complete, window treatments are hung and the walls are painted! 
The walls are painted!  Just need the baseboards and the room will be ready to fill in with baby goodies. 

Milo has taken quiet well to the new colors and drapes in the nursery.  I think he approves! 

Due Date:  November 3rd, 2013... 84 days and counting

Boy or Girl:  Go Blue

Currently Avoiding: I'll eat almost anything as long as it is safe for the baby

Weight: + 19 lbs at last doctors visit.  Trying to keep this trimester under control in the weight department.  The first trimester I lost weight because I felt so awful, the second trimester I felt SO MUCH better and started enjoying food again (maybe too much??), and so this third trimester my goal is to keep my weight in an ideal range and make sure I'm filling up on mostly fruits and veggies!  The doctor has not mentioned my weight one bit so I'm thinking I am still in the normal/healthy range.  

Belly Button Status:  Still in.  No evidence of stretch marks!  Keeping my fingers crossed and belly moisturized! 

Sleep: So far so good

Evidence of Pregnancy Brain: I can't remember... I am feeling many time so preoccupied.  Sometimes I totally lose my train of thought mid sentence, which is particularly embarrassing when I am talking with a patient.

Symptoms:  I have been really tired lately!  This weekend I took 2+ hr naps on Saturday and Sunday.  That has not happened since the first trimester.  I think baby is growing growing growing! Or it might have something to do with the obscene amount of sweets/junk food we have had around the house since having company last week.  Looking forward to detoxing this week.  

Health:  Baby's heartbeat has been healthy, my blood pressure great (or low) and no signs of anemia yet.  I also passed my glucose test which means I do no have gestational diabetes.  

Movement:  My baby boy is moving like crazy! I can especially feel him when I am laying on my side.  It is the best feeling ever! 

Baby Related Purchases:  None to date.  I have been adding a lot to my registry.  I have two showers coming up in the next few months.  I am hoping to see what I receive and then fill in the rest as needed.  We have been buying gift cards to target every couple of weeks or so to help with diapers and added expenses when he arrives.  I won't be working so we will definitely feel a little pinch financially.  We have put some money aside but you never know if it is enough.  

Best Part of this Pregnancy:  Just feeling Mr. Bennett move around :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment